Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Red River Radio Spotlight: The Shreveport Symphony with cellist John-Henry Crawford
The Santa Fe Chamber Music Series
Red River Radio is proud to bring back another season of radio concerts from the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival. Each of the 13 one-hour programs will feature performances from this celebrated New Mexican music festival, now in its 40th season. One of the world’s leading performing arts festivals, the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival is known for its enduring commitment to tradition, artistic excellence, innovation, and vision. The weekly radio series reflects the Festival’s high standards and varied repertoire by presenting superbly recorded concerts and recitals by some of today’s greatest musical artists. Each program contains two or three works, most of which represent the core chamber music repertoire. The Festival also remains dedicated to lesser known composers and compositions, and to commissioning new works. Veteran broadcast announcer Kerry Frumkin hosts this dynamic radio series along with Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival artistic director, . Many of the performers provide additional commentary about the festival and the music they've played here.