The Tower Crews begin work on the KDAQ Tower today and continue work on the KLSA Tower. This work is required by the FCC and is unavoidable. This will take some times and service will be interrupted at time as a result. We appreciate your patience. Online listening still available.
Red River Radio News
USAF SECRETARY - The Air Force Global Strike Command held a 3-day symposium in Shreveport this week. Among the special guests was Secretary of the Air Force Dr. Heather Wilson. She had press conference Wednesday and addressed plans for the new Air Force bomber and how it may affect Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City. "B-21 bomber is moving forward, they're in the phase of engineering design and development" explained Wilson. "We need a minimum of 175 bombers or so in the fleet, a...
Airs Friday, November 17, 2017, at 9 p.m. This week on the Caravan we'll wander through the end of Childhood with tracks by Pink Floyd, Verlon Thompson, Poi Dog Pondering, Jethro Tull, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Steppenwolf in our first hour. Then we'll travel to the Sunday Sampler Concert series for a performance by Finger Picking Master Sam Pacetti, and in our final hour we'll ponder What Would the Community Think.
Airs Monday, November 20, 2017, at 1 p.m. This week on the Cleveland Orchestra, from the Adrienne Arsht Center in Miami, music director Franz Welser-Möst will be joined by mezzo soprano Jennifer Johnson Cano and the Seraphic Fire Vocal Ensemble for three Cantata's bu J.S. Bach; his Cantata No. 191 – “Gloria in excelsis Deo;” the Cantata No. 34 – “O ewiges Feuer;” and the Cantata No. 29 – “Wir danken dir Gott.” The the concert turns to Bruckner and a performance of his Symphony No. 7.
Thanksgiving with Cantus - Airs Wednesday, November 22, at 11 a.m.
Join Alison Young and premier men's vocal ensemble Cantus for a conversation about Thanksgiving music and food, and sitting down with those we love and to celebrate the blessings in our lives. Listeners will enjoy a variety of performances by Cantus, including "We Gather Together," "The 23rd Psalm," "Brothers, Sing On!" and "Wanting Memories."
This video takes you into the studio with Cliff and also through the world of birds that we cover on Bird Calls, which airs the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Please join us and please call in with your questions at 800-552-8502
Airs Friday, November 17, 2017, at 7:45 p.m. This week commentator Gary Borders returns to the Cradle of Texas to wander the streets where he learned more about news-papering than any place he subsequently worked.
Most of the time I communicate with you about the insect world, I am telling you not to worry about them. Attached is a photograph of the puss caterpillar, DO NOT TOUCH IT! The “hairs” are actually spines that break off and have a venom gland at the base. The symptoms can range from burning skin to convulsions. I found one today crawling up the outside front window glass of the bookstore.
The Vehicle Donation Program provides Vehicle Donation Services to Public Radio stations across the country. This is a great way to support this station and get a tax write off for your car. Contact the Vehicle Donation program directly online or if you have any questions about the vehicle donation process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our vehicle experts at 855-277-2346 , or you can call our direct line at 401-808-8277.
Marketplace All In One listen here
- 11/17/2017: Taxes, trade deficits and peanut butter
- 11/17/2017: Don't break the bank this Thanksgiving, plus old favorites
- 11/17/2017: Economist Douglas Holtz-Eakin on the benefit of corporate tax cuts
- 11/17/2017: Economist Jeffrey Sachs says the GOP tax plan is “a heist”
- 11/17/2017: Nissan admits staff shortages behind massive car recall
- Zimbabwe latest: Thousands celebrate end of Mugabe era
- Argentina missing navy submarine: Search stepped up
- Trump puts elephant trophy imports on hold
- Ohio Supreme Court Judge Bill O'Neill brags of sex conquests
- 'It's a challenge for me to meet people'
- Kirsten Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should have resigned
- Small steps forward as UN climate talks end in Bonn
- US Navy: Penis in sky drawn by jet trail was 'unacceptable'
- Iranian boy leads friend to food video
- Saad Hariri, Lebanon PM, in France for crisis talks