Red River Radio News
FREEZING WEATHER - Temperatures today MAY reach the freezing mark this afternoon, BUT will quickly fall into the lower to middle teens overnight. The National Weather Service reports bridges and overpasses may continue to have slick spots with certain highways likely remaining closed through tonight. Otherwise, no hazardous weather is expected . ICE ON ROADWAYS IS STILL A PROBLEM --- ROAD CLOSURES in NW LOUISIANA – Benton Road Railroad overpass is closed. I-220 in Shreveport-Bossier is closed...
Airs Thursday, January 18, 2018, at 6 p.m. Tune in for Health Matters this Thursday at 6 p.m. Dr. Sanford Katz will host our show on Colorectal and GI conditions. Guests will include Dr. Andrew Werner, colorectal surgeon with Colon & Rectal Associates in Shreveport; Dr. John Bienvenu, gastroenterologist with WK Bossier Gastroenterology and Associate Fellowship Program Director at LSUHSC; and nutritionist Julie Hartley. Questions will be taken during the show at 1-800-552-8502.
Airs Friday, January 19, 2018, at 9 p.m. This week on the Caravan we’ll hear tracks from the Swedish Folk Duo First Aid Kit, a classic track from Victoria Williams, Native America music by R. Carlos Nakai and a taste of India as well. We’ll also check out the phenomenal blues of Chris Smither and Buddy Guy. In our second hour, join us for Dawes live at The Newport Folk Festival, and in our final hour we'll share a Mass For Peace with music by Joel Rafael, Simon and Garfunkel, Harvey Reid, Led...
Airs Tuesday, January 16, 2017, at 7:45 a.m. This week Commentator Gary Joiner remembers a top secret air combat mission commenced from Barksdale Airforce Base and code named Secret Squirrel.
The Vehicle Donation Program provides Vehicle Donation Services to Public Radio stations across the country. This is a great way to support this station and get a tax write off for your car. Contact the Vehicle Donation program directly online or if you have any questions about the vehicle donation process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our vehicle experts at 855-277-2346 , or you can call our direct line at 401-808-8277.
Marketplace All In One listen here
- 01/18/2018: Lowering your income taxes
- 01/18/2018: Israel bolsters relations with India in PM visit
- 01/18/2018: Could it be good business to get people to stop using your devices?
- BlackRock CEO wants companies to make a "positive contribution to society"
- 01/17/2018: What's a "contribution" to the economy look like?
This video takes you into the studio with Cliff and also through the world of birds that we cover on Bird Calls, which airs the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Please join us and please call in with your questions at 800-552-8502
- Trump wall: President denies changing view on Mexico border plan
- 'Code red' storm causes Dutch and German transport chaos
- Pilcomayo River: 'Without water, we have no life'
- Drone saves two Australian swimmers in world first
- Cocaine found in fresh pineapples
- Facebook selfie showing murder weapon helps convict killer
- Turpin case: Parents of captive children due in court
- US plans open-ended military presence in Syria
- Kazakhstan bus fire kills 52 with few survivors
- Dylan Farrow: 'Allen's been lying so long'