Most Active Stories
- Red River Radio Transmitter Upgrades
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Wanna Go To Fit City? List Ranks America's 50 Fittest Metro Areas
Rhythm Gumbo with John Ellis: An exciting mix of high energy music from across the musical spectrum featuring Blues, Jazz, R &B, Rock and more. Join veteran radio producer and host John Ellis every Friday night at midnight for three full hours of great music on Red River Radio.
The recipe for Rhythm Gumbo is: Start with a Blues based roux and then add Country for texture, blend in some Jazz for flavor, and season to taste with a splash of R&B, a pinch of Rockabilly, and a dash of Bluegrass. Sprinkle in a bit of Reggae to make the aroma bold and pronounced. Then top it all off with "Rock" hot sauce for some fire. Additional spices are optional. Never the same ... always delicious.