Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Red River Radio Spotlight: The Shreveport Symphony with cellist John-Henry Crawford
Mountain Stage from NPR
Celebrating its 30th season in 2013, Mountain Stage w/ Larry Groce guarantees listeners the best seats in the house for new performers and established artists. It's a two-hour weekly exploration of the exciting and spontaneous sound of live performance, offering intelligent, contemporary music of various roots and styles. Hosted by Larry Groce, the show emanates from the Mountain State of West Virginia, with stops in other regions becoming more frequent. With Mountain Stage, listeners are treated to the performers and the place. Produced by WV Public Broadcasting, this award-winning show is the longest-running program of its kind. Well over 1,200 artists have appeared on the Stage since it premiered in 1983.