Most Active Stories
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Red River Radio Spotlight: The Shreveport Symphony with cellist John-Henry Crawford
LA Opera Series
Red River Radio is pleased to continue its American Opera series with six new productions from the 2013-14 LA Opera season. In just a quarter-century of existence, LA Opera has become, under the leadership of The Eli and Edythe Broad’s General Director Plácido Domingo, the United States' fourth largest opera company and now "...stands out as a newly important force in American Opera." (Mark Swed, Los Angeles Times). Conductor and Music Director James Conlon has developed a vast symphonic, operatic and choral repertoire and has established enduring relationships with the world's most prestigious symphony orchestras and opera houses. Through worldwide touring to North and South America, Asia, and Europe, an extensive discography, frequent television appearances and guest speaking engagements, he has become one of today's most recognized conductors.