Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
Wynton Marsalis: Swinging into the 21st Century
Airs Tuesday, May 1 at 9:00 p.m. Jazz is dead! Well, it's not true -- but in the history of the music, that statement is heard very often. Wynton Marsalis has found that the best way to combat that idea is simple - keep creating. Like any art form, jazz lives as an ongoing interaction between the artist, audience and larger culture. In this hour, Wynton reflects on his life and music in the 20th century and its continuation into the 21st.