Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Around the Nation
Would-Be Bank Robber Gets Stuck In Air Duct
Originally published on Mon June 4, 2012 10:10 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Don't you love it when a plan comes together? Well, it didn't for Charles Estell of Chicago. Police say he tried to rob a bank over the weekend. He snuck into the bank vault, snagged $100,000 in cash and, according to employees, disappeared into the ceiling. That's when things got hairy. Estell got stuck in an air duct. Police discovered him and got him out, only after taking off his long wig, which apparently was not all that aerodynamic. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.