Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Top Stories: Jobs Bill; Egyptian Violence; Liberian Election
The top story of the day so far, as we reported earlier, seems to be that "Obama's Jobs Bill Is Expected To Hit Roadblock Today In Senate."
On a much less serious note, there's also the news that the ongoing labor dispute between players and owners has led to the cancellation of the first two weeks of the NBA season.
Other stories making headlines include:
-- In Egypt, "Anti-Military Chants At Protesters' Funeral." (The Associated Press)
-- "Peace Prize Winner Seeks Re-Election In Liberia." (Morning Edition)
-- "NATO Says Resilience Of Gadhafi Allies Is Surprising." (The New York Times)
-- "Underwear Bomber Trial To Begin In Detroit." (Morning Edition)
-- Tonight's GOP Debate In New Hampshire Is "Now-Or-Never" For Perry. (Politico)
-- "Wall Street Protesters Show Staying Power." (The Associated Press)
Related AP report: "NYPD Costs Rise As Wall Street Protests Continue."
-- "Afghan Detainees Tortured In Prison, U.N. Says." (The Washington Post)