Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Survey Shows Londoners Are A Crabby Bunch
Originally published on Wed July 25, 2012 7:12 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Londoners may be crabbing about tourists and traffic of Olympic proportions, but they were already the most stressed out bunch in the country. That's according to a new government survey on life satisfaction. Statistically the most joyful Brit would be a married professional, healthy, 65 and residing in the Scottish Isles, prompting one unhappy opposition leader to call the survey, quote, "a waste of taxpayer money on the bleeding obvious." It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.