Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Shelter evacuees in Shreveport play it safe
Dell Jones of Avondale and his 10 family members are riding out Hurricane Isaac at the American Red Cross shelter on the LSU Shreveport campus. It's the same shelter his family went to during Katrina. Shelter manager Steve Beyer says he has a good number of volunteers who are working on a rotated schedule. The LSUS shelter can accommodate 700 evacuees. Less than 100 people are currently staying there.