Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Shelter evacuees in Shreveport play it safe
Dell Jones of Avondale and his 10 family members are riding out Hurricane Isaac at the American Red Cross shelter on the LSU Shreveport campus. It's the same shelter his family went to during Katrina. Shelter manager Steve Beyer says he has a good number of volunteers who are working on a rotated schedule. The LSUS shelter can accommodate 700 evacuees. Less than 100 people are currently staying there.