Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Sarah Jarosz Live 2013
Airs Thursday, July 24 at 8 p.m. Singer Songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Sarah Jarosz returned to the stage at the Savannah Music Festival in 2013 with her trio, performing a wonderful set of standards and originals. Since signing her first recording contract at the age of 16, Sarah Jarosz has barely stopped to catch her breath. She has made several recordings and tour throughout North America and Europe. She left her native Texas to pursue a degree at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston and along the way she developed a very unique musical conception with a trio, all while becoming one of American music's finest young talents with songwriting chops to match her instrumental prowess. Only two month away from her college graduation at the age of 21, Sarah Jarosz returned to the Festival in the spring of 2013 with fiddler Alex Hargreaves and cellist Nathanial Smith. It was her second appearance at the festival and the growth of her trio was nothing short of extraordinary. We'll listen to this concert and a couple of tunes from her first appearance in 2010.