Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Sarah Jarosz Live 2013
Airs Thursday, July 24 at 8 p.m. Singer Songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Sarah Jarosz returned to the stage at the Savannah Music Festival in 2013 with her trio, performing a wonderful set of standards and originals. Since signing her first recording contract at the age of 16, Sarah Jarosz has barely stopped to catch her breath. She has made several recordings and tour throughout North America and Europe. She left her native Texas to pursue a degree at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston and along the way she developed a very unique musical conception with a trio, all while becoming one of American music's finest young talents with songwriting chops to match her instrumental prowess. Only two month away from her college graduation at the age of 21, Sarah Jarosz returned to the Festival in the spring of 2013 with fiddler Alex Hargreaves and cellist Nathanial Smith. It was her second appearance at the festival and the growth of her trio was nothing short of extraordinary. We'll listen to this concert and a couple of tunes from her first appearance in 2010.