Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu May 16, 2013 4:07 pm
Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside's music was raw and forthright from the beginning, when its album Dirty Radio came out in 2011. The Portland band captures the energy of early-'50s music, with blues and country influences that earned it a rockabilly designation early in its career.
The band's second album, Untamed Beast, doesn't step back from the edge in any way. Here, World Cafe's Michaela Majoun talks with Ford about how the latter's sound has grown and evolved over time.