Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- YMCA in Shreveport breaks ground on three-phase fitness campus
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
- Driving is no time to multitask, Shreveport lawyers teach high school students
- Carnegie Hall Live: Keyboard Virtuosos I with Daniil Trifonov
Refuge opens "green" visitor's center focused on education
The Red River National Wildlife Refuge's new 9,000-square-foot facility will be a launch pad for refuge activities, including hiking, bird watching and berry picking. Officials say thousands of schoolchildren will use the refuge's new educational wing.