Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Red River Radio Spotlight: The Shreveport Symphony with cellist John-Henry Crawford
Simone Dinnerstein with the Shreveport Symphony
Red River Radio Spotlight: Simone Dinnerstein with the Shreveport Symphony Orchestra
Aired Friday, May 2 at 11 a.m. Kermit Poling spoke with pianist Simone Dinnersten, composer Philip Lasser, and music director/conductor Michael Betterman about the Shreveport Symphony Orchestra's season finale and chamber concerts this weekend. Works to be performed are Ravel's Le tombeau de Couperin, Philip Lasser's Piano Concerto subtitled The Circle and the Child, and Dvorak's Symphony No. 9 (“From the New World”). Sunday's chamber concert features J.S. Bach's Two Part Inventions; excerpts from J.S. Bach's Goldberg Variations Arr. for string trio; and J.S. Bach's Sonata for Violin and Piano in C minor, BWV 1017.
The Symphony concert takes place Saturday, May 3 at 7:30 p.m. in RiverView Theater and the Chamber Concert takes place Sunday, May 4 at 3 p.m. in Anderson Auditorium at the Hurley School of Music on the Campus of Centenary College.
For more information visit the Shreveport Symphony Orchestra online or call 318-227-8863.