Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Red River Radio Spotlight: The Shreveport Symphony with cellist John-Henry Crawford
Northwestern State president announces his retirement
Northwestern State University president Randall J. Webb announced Friday that he will retire later this year, according to a statement from the university. Webb has served as Northwestern State's president since 1996.
In July, he will become the university's longest serving president, surpassing Victor L. Roy, who was president from 1911 to 1929.
Webb said he would set his retirement date "based on when my replacement can assume the official duties and responsibilities of the office of president."