Most Active Stories
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
- Bossier City Farmer's Market owners: 'We want to keep this going, no interruptions'
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- History Matters: Shreveport businessman Nathan Goldkind had a seat at a deadly card game
Northwestern State president announces his retirement
Northwestern State University president Randall J. Webb announced Friday that he will retire later this year, according to a statement from the university. Webb has served as Northwestern State's president since 1996.
In July, he will become the university's longest serving president, surpassing Victor L. Roy, who was president from 1911 to 1929.
Webb said he would set his retirement date "based on when my replacement can assume the official duties and responsibilities of the office of president."