Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- YMCA in Shreveport breaks ground on three-phase fitness campus
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
- Driving is no time to multitask, Shreveport lawyers teach high school students
- Carnegie Hall Live: Keyboard Virtuosos I with Daniil Trifonov
Northwestern State president announces his retirement
Northwestern State University president Randall J. Webb announced Friday that he will retire later this year, according to a statement from the university. Webb has served as Northwestern State's president since 1996.
In July, he will become the university's longest serving president, surpassing Victor L. Roy, who was president from 1911 to 1929.
Webb said he would set his retirement date "based on when my replacement can assume the official duties and responsibilities of the office of president."