Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
No Joking This Time: 4 Men Hospitalized After Bee Attack In California
We had a bit of fun Thursday with a story about a 200-pound beehive in Arizona.
This story's nothing to laugh about:
"4 Men Hospitalized In Honeybee Attack." (OC Weekly)
It seems that "thousands of angry bees swarmed a man in a wheelchair [Thursday], sending him and three others who came to his aid to the hospital in the Southern California city of Santa Ana. ... The trouble started at a storage yard when a man in a wheelchair apparently disturbed the hive, causing the bees to bombard him, Santa Ana fire Capt. Steven Snyder said." (The Associated Press, via MSNBC)
The victim in the wheelchair was stung more than 60 times. There were an estimated 60,000 bees in the hive.
Firefighters had to evacuate people in the nearby block while professionals rounded up the bees.