Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
World Cafe Next: Moreland And Arbuckle
Originally published on Fri October 3, 2014 2:04 pm
This week's World Cafe: Next artist is the Kansas band Moreland & Arbuckle, whose members play blues-drenched roots-rock. On their fifth album, 7 Cities, they've adopted the loose theme of the explorer Coronado's search for the seven cities of gold — which, not so coincidentally, took the conquistador right into their home territory.
After meeting at an open-mic night, Aaron Moreland and Dustin Arbuckle discovered a mutual love of Mississippi Delta blues. Thirteen years later, they recorded their new album at Stone Gossard's studio, and the results plainly demonstrate how far they've come.