Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
NBA Games Canceled: Anybody Care?
The NBA will rebound (pardon his pun) from any bad feelings generated among fans by the news that the first two weeks of the professional basketball league's season have been canceled because owners and players can't agree on a new labor deal, our colleague Mike Pesca says.
And as Morning Edition host Steve Inskeep told Mike earlier, many folks would say that "NBA players usually take the first several weeks of the season off anyway."
So perhaps there won't be many long-lasting repercussions from this battle between millionaires (the players) and billionaires (at least some of the owners) over how to divide millions of dollars.
Which means the question to ask might be: