Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- YMCA in Shreveport breaks ground on three-phase fitness campus
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
- Driving is no time to multitask, Shreveport lawyers teach high school students
- Carnegie Hall Live: Keyboard Virtuosos I with Daniil Trifonov
Natural history museum opens in Lufkin
The Naranjo Museum of Natural History is an outgrowth of 40 years of archeological pursuits by Lufkinite Neal Naranjo. He built a 10,000 square-foot museum on Highway 59 south in Lufkin that will showcase his fossils and artifacts that once filled up his home. The ribbon cutting and grand opening is set for 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 8.