Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Mobile 3-D mammography machine to debut in Shreveport
Cutting edge breast cancer detection technology will literally roll into Shreveport Friday, Aug. 9. LSU Health Shreveport has one of only two mobile 3-D mammography machines in Louisiana.
The mobile van is the second to be operated by Feist-Weiller Cancer Center’s Partners in Wellness program. According to a news release, the program has been providing health screenings for the uninsured and underinsured for more than a decade. With the 3-D system, physicians are able to detect problems in the breast, resulting in fewer false-positive findings. This means less costly tests for the patient.
The new van will be unveiled at the Feist-Weiller Cancer Center in Shreveport tomorrow at 2:30 p.m.