Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Metropolitan Opera:Thomas Adès’s The Tempest
Airs Saturday, December 29 at 12:00 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with an archival broadcast of Thomas Adès’s The Tempest, which had its Met premiere earlier in the 2012-13 season in a new production by Robert Lepage. Adès conducts this performance of his English-language opera, based on the Shakespeare play and featuring a libretto by Meredith Oakes. The performance, originally broadcast live on November 10, 2012, stars baritone Simon Keenlyside as the magician Prospero; soprano Audrey Luna in the dazzling coloratura role of the air spirit Ariel; mezzo-soprano Isabel Leonard as Prospero’s daughter, Miranda; tenor Alek Shrader as Ferdinand, the prince who falls in love with her; and tenor Alan Oke as Caliban, the only native of Prospero’s island. The Tempest will be heard over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12:00 noon CT on Saturday, December 29.