Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Navy Week brings dozens of sailors to Shreveport/Bossier
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- LSU Health Shreveport librarians create comic book about childhood obesity problem
Metropolitan Opera:Thomas Adès’s The Tempest
Airs Saturday, December 29 at 12:00 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with an archival broadcast of Thomas Adès’s The Tempest, which had its Met premiere earlier in the 2012-13 season in a new production by Robert Lepage. Adès conducts this performance of his English-language opera, based on the Shakespeare play and featuring a libretto by Meredith Oakes. The performance, originally broadcast live on November 10, 2012, stars baritone Simon Keenlyside as the magician Prospero; soprano Audrey Luna in the dazzling coloratura role of the air spirit Ariel; mezzo-soprano Isabel Leonard as Prospero’s daughter, Miranda; tenor Alek Shrader as Ferdinand, the prince who falls in love with her; and tenor Alan Oke as Caliban, the only native of Prospero’s island. The Tempest will be heard over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12:00 noon CT on Saturday, December 29.