Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates: Should We Abolish the Death Penalty
Metropolitan Opera:Thomas Adès’s The Tempest
Airs Saturday, December 29 at 12:00 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with an archival broadcast of Thomas Adès’s The Tempest, which had its Met premiere earlier in the 2012-13 season in a new production by Robert Lepage. Adès conducts this performance of his English-language opera, based on the Shakespeare play and featuring a libretto by Meredith Oakes. The performance, originally broadcast live on November 10, 2012, stars baritone Simon Keenlyside as the magician Prospero; soprano Audrey Luna in the dazzling coloratura role of the air spirit Ariel; mezzo-soprano Isabel Leonard as Prospero’s daughter, Miranda; tenor Alek Shrader as Ferdinand, the prince who falls in love with her; and tenor Alan Oke as Caliban, the only native of Prospero’s island. The Tempest will be heard over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12:00 noon CT on Saturday, December 29.