Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Metropolitan Opera: Verdi’s La Traviata
Airs Saturday, March 30 at 12 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Verdi’s La Traviata, conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin in his first Met performances of the Verdi tragedy. This run of performances marks Diana Damrau’s first time ever singing the role of the courtesan Violetta. Saimir Pirgu is Violetta’s lover Alfredo. And Plácido Domingo adds the baritone role of Alfredo’s father, Giorgio Germont, to his vast repertoire. La Traviata will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12:00 p.m. CT on Saturday, March 30.