Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Metropolitan Opera: Verdi’s La Traviata
Airs Saturday, March 30 at 12 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Verdi’s La Traviata, conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin in his first Met performances of the Verdi tragedy. This run of performances marks Diana Damrau’s first time ever singing the role of the courtesan Violetta. Saimir Pirgu is Violetta’s lover Alfredo. And Plácido Domingo adds the baritone role of Alfredo’s father, Giorgio Germont, to his vast repertoire. La Traviata will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12:00 p.m. CT on Saturday, March 30.