Most Active Stories
- Red River Radio Transmitter Upgrades
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Wanna Go To Fit City? List Ranks America's 50 Fittest Metro Areas
Metropolitan Opera: Strauss’s Der Rosenkavalier
Airs Saturday, February 22 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with Strauss’s Der Rosenkavalier, heard in an archival broadcast from earlier this season. Edward Gardner leads the cast that features Viennese soprano Martina Serafin in one of her signature roles, the Marschallin. Mezzo-soprano Alice Coote sings the trouser role of the Marschallin’s young lover, Octavian, while soprano Erin Morley is Sophie, the innocent young woman who comes between the two. Bass Peter Rose reprises his acclaimed interpretation of the Marschallin’s oafish cousin, Baron Ochs. Der Rosenkavalier will be heard over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.