Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Metropolitan Opera: Strauss’s Der Rosenkavalier
Airs Saturday, February 22 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with Strauss’s Der Rosenkavalier, heard in an archival broadcast from earlier this season. Edward Gardner leads the cast that features Viennese soprano Martina Serafin in one of her signature roles, the Marschallin. Mezzo-soprano Alice Coote sings the trouser role of the Marschallin’s young lover, Octavian, while soprano Erin Morley is Sophie, the innocent young woman who comes between the two. Bass Peter Rose reprises his acclaimed interpretation of the Marschallin’s oafish cousin, Baron Ochs. Der Rosenkavalier will be heard over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.