Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Metropolitan Opera: Rossini's Le Comte Ory
Airs Saturday, February 2 at 12 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Rossini’s comedy Le Comte Ory. Tenor Juan Diego Flórez will reprise his acclaimed portrayal of the amorous title character, first seen at the Met in 2011. The 27-year-old South African soprano Pretty Yende makes her network debut as Adèle, the beautiful noblewoman that Ory schemes to seduce. Maurizio Benini leads a cast that also includes mezzo-soprano Karine Deshayes in the trouser role of Ory’s page and rival, Isolier; baritone Nathan Gunn as Ory’s friend Raimbaud; bass Nicola Ulivieri in his network debut as the Tutor; and mezzo-soprano Susanne Resmark as Ragonde. Le Comte Ory will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12 p.m. CT on Saturday, February 2.