Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Metropolitan Opera: Rossini's Le Comte Ory
Airs Saturday, February 2 at 12 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Rossini’s comedy Le Comte Ory. Tenor Juan Diego Flórez will reprise his acclaimed portrayal of the amorous title character, first seen at the Met in 2011. The 27-year-old South African soprano Pretty Yende makes her network debut as Adèle, the beautiful noblewoman that Ory schemes to seduce. Maurizio Benini leads a cast that also includes mezzo-soprano Karine Deshayes in the trouser role of Ory’s page and rival, Isolier; baritone Nathan Gunn as Ory’s friend Raimbaud; bass Nicola Ulivieri in his network debut as the Tutor; and mezzo-soprano Susanne Resmark as Ragonde. Le Comte Ory will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12 p.m. CT on Saturday, February 2.