Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Metropolitan Opera: Rossini’s La Cenerentola
Airs Saturday, May 10 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season concludes with a live broadcast of Rossini’s La Cenerentola, starring mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato in her first network performance of one of her signature roles. The role of her prince, Don Ramiro, will be sung by Juan Diego Flórez, one of the world’s foremost Rossini tenors. Met Principal Conductor Fabio Luisi returns to the podium to lead his first bel canto opera with the company. The cast also includes Alessandro Corbelli as Don Magnifico, the wicked stepfather; Luca Pisaroni as the wise Alidoro; and Italian baritone Pietro Spagnoli in his network debut as Don Ramiro’s valet, Dandini. La Cenerentola will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.