Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Metropolitan Opera: Mozart's The Magic Flute
Airs Saturday, January 4 at 12 noon The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of the company’s holiday presentation, an abridged, English-language production of Mozart’s The Magic Flute. British conductor Jane Glover has made her Met debut this season leading this 100-minute presentation of Julie Taymor’s popular staging of the opera. The performance stars tenor Alek Shrader as Tamino; soprano Heidi Stober as Pamina; baritone Nathan Gunn as the bird-catcher Papageno, and bass-baritone Eric Owens as the mysterious Sarastro. American soprano Kathryn Lewek makes her network broadcast debut as the Queen of the Night. The Magic Flute will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.