Most Active Stories
- YMCA in Shreveport breaks ground on three-phase fitness campus
- Just A Few Important Words About The Declaration Of Independence
- Capitol Steps: Politics Takes a Holiday 4th of July Special
- Driving is no time to multitask, Shreveport lawyers teach high school students
- Gary Borders: Is America the greatest nation? Check the numbers
Metropolitan Opera: Mozart's The Magic Flute
Airs Saturday, January 4 at 12 noon The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of the company’s holiday presentation, an abridged, English-language production of Mozart’s The Magic Flute. British conductor Jane Glover has made her Met debut this season leading this 100-minute presentation of Julie Taymor’s popular staging of the opera. The performance stars tenor Alek Shrader as Tamino; soprano Heidi Stober as Pamina; baritone Nathan Gunn as the bird-catcher Papageno, and bass-baritone Eric Owens as the mysterious Sarastro. American soprano Kathryn Lewek makes her network broadcast debut as the Queen of the Night. The Magic Flute will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.