Most Active Stories
- Red River Radio Transmitter Upgrades
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Wanna Go To Fit City? List Ranks America's 50 Fittest Metro Areas
Metropolitan Opera: Mozart's The Magic Flute
Airs Saturday, January 4 at 12 noon The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of the company’s holiday presentation, an abridged, English-language production of Mozart’s The Magic Flute. British conductor Jane Glover has made her Met debut this season leading this 100-minute presentation of Julie Taymor’s popular staging of the opera. The performance stars tenor Alek Shrader as Tamino; soprano Heidi Stober as Pamina; baritone Nathan Gunn as the bird-catcher Papageno, and bass-baritone Eric Owens as the mysterious Sarastro. American soprano Kathryn Lewek makes her network broadcast debut as the Queen of the Night. The Magic Flute will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.