Most Active Stories
- LSU Health Shreveport librarians create comic book about childhood obesity problem
- Navy Week brings dozens of sailors to Shreveport/Bossier
- Health Matters: Breaking the chain - Addiction to Porn and Adolescents
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
Metropolitan Opera: Dvořák’s Rusalka
Airs Saturday, February 8 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Dvořák’s lyrical fairy tale Rusalka, starring Renée Fleming in one of her signature roles. Yannick Nézet-Séguin leads the cast that also includes Piotr Beczala as the Prince, Dolora Zajick as the witch Ježibaba, Emily Magee in her network broadcast debut as the Foreign Princess, and John Relyea as Rusalka’s father, the Water Gnome. Rusalka will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.