Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Red River Radio Spotlight: The Shreveport Symphony with cellist John-Henry Crawford
Metropolitan Opera: Donizetti's L’Elisir d’Amore
Airs Saturday, January 25 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Donizetti’s comic romance L’Elisir d’Amore. Soprano Anna Netrebko reprises her portrayal of the irresistible heroine Adina, and tenor Ramón Vargas sings the role of Nemorino, the peasant who loves her, in a cast that also includes baritone Nicola Alaimo as Sergeant Belcore and bass-baritone Erwin Schrott as Doctor Dulcamara. Maurizio Benini returns to conduct the bel canto favorite. L’Elisir d’Amore will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.