Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Literature Nobel Goes To Swedish Poet Tomas Transtromer
Swedish poet Tomas Transtromer is the 2011 Nobel laureate in literature, it was just announced.
In its statement, the Nobel committee said his work "gives us fresh access to reality."
Our friends over at Monkey See have more, including Neda Ulaby's pre-announcement look at the "Nobel shortlist."
As Neda wrote, Transtromer had been "another constant Nobel bridesmaid. He's a Swedish surrealist poet who's also spent a career as a psychiatrist working with institutionalized children."
Watch Monkey See later for a post from John Freeman, editor of Granta magazine.