Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Fri May 18, 2012 3:49 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And today's last word in business is: free flight - to somewhere less exotic than Nepal.
Tomorrow, the New York Rangers play the New Jersey Devils in Newark, New Jersey, game three of the NHL Eastern Conference Finals. And Delta Airlines is offering free plane tickets to New Jersey for some lucky Rangers fans. Tickets from New York to New Jersey, two states separated by the Hudson River, which is about a mile wide. But fans beware, the flight time for the 20 mile trip is 17 minutes, but the estimated actual travel time, with airports and the TSA involved, about three hours.
(SOUNDBITE OF LAUGHTER)
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
What hockey fans will do to beat traffic.
From NPR News, this is MORNING EDITION.
INSKEEP: I'm Steve Inskeep.
GREENE: And I'm David Greene. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.