Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
LaSalle Parish teams up on grant to fight obesity
LaSalle Parish is about to launch its largest collaborative grant program ever. The goal of Live Lively LaSalle is to help residents confront obesity and shed pounds. The matching grant, $2 million in all, will pay for different approaches to improving people's health over the next several years of the grant period.