Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Kelly Hogan On World Cafe
Kelly Hogan is a professional backup singer who spends a lot of time on the road with her friends Neko Case, Jakob Dylan, Andrew Bird, Robyn Hitchcock and many others. For her long-awaited new album, I Like to Keep Myself in Pain, Hogan recruited the aforementioned musicians and others — including M. Ward and the late Vic Chesnutt — to write the songs.
In this interview and session for World Cafe, Hogan describes how she finally got her own record deal — and recruited more than 40 musicians to help with I Like to Keep Myself in Pain.