Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
History Matters: Shreveporters honor a Doolittle Raider, but who were they?
Doolittle's Raiders made history during World War II as they flew over the Japanese Home Islands to attack targets in Tokyo and other cities. Retired Col. Richard Cole, 98, was co-pilot to Lt. Colonel Jimmy Doolittle, and was in Shreveport last week to receive the Spirit of Independence Award. Commentator Gary Joiner visited with Cole and fills in the history of Doolittle's dangerous mission.