Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
History Matters: Shreveporters honor a Doolittle Raider, but who were they?
Doolittle's Raiders made history during World War II as they flew over the Japanese Home Islands to attack targets in Tokyo and other cities. Retired Col. Richard Cole, 98, was co-pilot to Lt. Colonel Jimmy Doolittle, and was in Shreveport last week to receive the Spirit of Independence Award. Commentator Gary Joiner visited with Cole and fills in the history of Doolittle's dangerous mission.