Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
History Matters: Shreveporters honor a Doolittle Raider, but who were they?
Doolittle's Raiders made history during World War II as they flew over the Japanese Home Islands to attack targets in Tokyo and other cities. Retired Col. Richard Cole, 98, was co-pilot to Lt. Colonel Jimmy Doolittle, and was in Shreveport last week to receive the Spirit of Independence Award. Commentator Gary Joiner visited with Cole and fills in the history of Doolittle's dangerous mission.