Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
History Matters: Happy New Year, unless history has its say
With the new calendar year, people automatically greet each other with a "Happy New Year." But history has a few things to say about what calendar system is crunching the numbers. Commentator Gary Joiner interweaves math and religion in this installment of History Matters.