Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
History Matters: 50 years ago, a look at the ousting of South Vietnam's president
The president of South Vietnam, Ngo Dinh Diem, was ousted in a coup by his generals and murdered on Nov. 2, 1963. President Kennedy had given his tacit approval to Diem’s removal. Commentator Gary Joiner recounts the events leading up to a military coup that went horribly wrong.