Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Health Matters: Dr. Randall Brewer - causes and treating lower back pain
Aired Thursday, July 11 at 6 p.m. Do you experience low back pain? Listen here to Health Matters as Dr. Randall Brewer of River Cities Interventional Pain Specialists shares information about the causes and treatment of low back pain. He took your questions during the show. (Click post to listen again)
Randall P. Brewer was born in Shreveport , La. He received his medical degree from Louisiana State University, School of Medicine in Shreveport, in 1993. His post-graduate training includes completion of a Neurology residency (Emory University 1997) Anesthesiology (Duke University 2000) and Pain Medicine (Mayo Clinic 2001).
Dr. Brewer is an expert at treating low back pain, neck pain, and musculoskeletal pain. He uses a multi-disciplinary management technique which includes injections, interventional strategies, physical therapy approaches, psychological support, and medication management. His clinical areas of expertise include neuropathic pain syndromes (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Post-herpetic Neuralgia, Failed Low Back Syndrome, Spinal Arachnoiditis), cancer-related pain, discogenic low back pain, and lumbar spondylosis.