Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Gotye On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon May 12, 2014 4:52 pm
Our Vintage Cafe today is from 2012, the year the Melbourne, Australia-based artist Gotye's world-wide smash "Somebody That I Used To Know" was everywhere. The single has sold more than 30 million copies.
As we found out in this interview, Gotye is a fascinating guy. Born in Bruges, Belgium, Gotye, whose given name is Wally DeBacker, settled in Melbourne and actually had a pretty good career going for himself before his hit with the New Zealand-based co-singer Kimbra. His previous album won five ARIA awards, the Australian equivalent of the Grammy, a year before Making Mirrors was released. We'll give "Somebody I Used To Know" another listen on this Vintage Cafe.
This segment originally aired on April 13, 2012.