Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Around the Nation
Gingrich Is Often Late To Campaign Events
Originally published on Mon January 16, 2012 6:56 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich made news on Saturday, taking tough questions from voters at a black church. His other engagements in the South Carolina primary have not turned out so well. He's been so late to events he's forced other speakers to stall. At a Friday barbecue, the event moderator was left asking awkwardly: Can we check and see where the speaker is? Rick Santorum was at the same event and used the time to work the crowd. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.