Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Gary Borders: My fake UFO photos led to a journalism career
An innocent science project helped define a career trajectory for commentator Gary Borders, proving there is life beyond the tri-fold display board. At age 15, Borders landed a side gig at the Longview News-Journal, thanks to his artful approach to faking UFO photos that he shot in his backyard.