Most Active Stories
- Ebola 101: A one-hour special broadcast from Sci-Port
- Whole Foods Market makes it official in Shreveport
- Heath Matters: Arthritis and Connective Tissue Disease
- Ebola 101: A Free Public Forum on Saturday, Oct. 18, 10 a.m., at Sci-Port
- 'Wheresie' founders aim to stop children from being left behind in vehicles
Fanfarlo On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu April 12, 2012 3:00 pm
Named after a French novella by poet Charles Baudelaire, Fanfarlo is a pop band from London with a wide range of instrumentation: mandolin, glockenspiel, musical saw, melodica, sax, clarinet and the usual drums, bass and guitar. With its beguiling and uplifting pop-folk, the quintet makes music that's accessible, refreshing and whimsical.
With its soaring melodies and sweeping baroque rock, the recent Rooms Filled With Light explores indie folk-pop territory with abundant charm. But along with the grand gestures and orchestral friendliness, Fanfarlo also incorporates electronic and new-wave influences, to captivating effect.