Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Around the Nation
Except For Duck, Officers Find No Signs Of Foul Play
Originally published on Tue April 8, 2014 7:09 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. A Massachusetts woman heard a loud bang in her house and called police, thinking it was a home invasion. Officers arrived, did a search and found no signs of foul play - except a duck. It had come through the chimney and flown into a ceiling, leaving what police described as a perfect sooty silhouette. They released the bird into a nearby pond but are still seeking a positive identification. Guess it's not enough that it walks like a duck and talks like a duck. It's MORNING EDITION. Quack. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.