Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
East Texas educators help Hispanic children set college goals
The head of bilingual education for the Nacogdoches Independent School District says Hispanic parents often think college is unattainable. The event Sendero al Futuro aims to change that.
Parents and students across East Texas will learn about the benefits and opportunities available to college graduates at the Sendero al Futuro, or Path to the Future, event. It's planned for Feb. 4 from 1 - 4 p.m., at McMichael Middle School in Nacogdoches.