Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Caravan: A Fine Romance
Airs Friday, May 2 at 9 p.m. This week on the Caravan we'll feature a couple of classic tune from Lyle Lovett and Joe Ely plus music from Victoria Williams, Jerry Alfred & The Medicine Beat, and a beautiful blues jam from the Allman Brothers. Then in our concert hour we welcome Shreveport's own A Fine Romance into our studio for some music and conversation and this week in our final hour we'll travel Imaginary Roads.
A Fine Romance features Loren Demerath, Troy Messina, and Joel Boultinghouse who play old standards from the American Songbook. They've been together for six years now, and have played at various restaurants, clubs, benefits, and festivals. Loren has a background in musical theater, last playing the Gene Kelly role in Singin' in the Rain. Joel has been a nationally touring pop-rock musician with "Tizzy" before making the jump to bass for this trio, and then with Twang Darkly. Troy also plays with Twang Darkly, and before that, was a drummer for several bands in the Austin area. Loren and Troy are both professors at Centenary College, while Joel works with the mentally disabled.