Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Goldman Sachs Won't Be Prosecuted In Fraud Probe
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 5:28 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a Justice decision.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: The U.S. Justice Department announced late last night that it is not pursing criminal charges against Wall Street bank Goldman Sachs or its employees. A Senate panel investigating the financial crisis had charged that Goldman bet against the same risky mortgage bundle it was also selling to clients. The Justice Department said in a statement it could not meet the burden of proof to bring a criminal case. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.