Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Goldman Sachs Won't Be Prosecuted In Fraud Probe
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 5:28 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a Justice decision.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: The U.S. Justice Department announced late last night that it is not pursing criminal charges against Wall Street bank Goldman Sachs or its employees. A Senate panel investigating the financial crisis had charged that Goldman bet against the same risky mortgage bundle it was also selling to clients. The Justice Department said in a statement it could not meet the burden of proof to bring a criminal case. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.