Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Goldman Sachs Won't Be Prosecuted In Fraud Probe
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 5:28 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a Justice decision.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: The U.S. Justice Department announced late last night that it is not pursing criminal charges against Wall Street bank Goldman Sachs or its employees. A Senate panel investigating the financial crisis had charged that Goldman bet against the same risky mortgage bundle it was also selling to clients. The Justice Department said in a statement it could not meet the burden of proof to bring a criminal case. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.