Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Originally published on Wed February 8, 2012 5:38 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with investors hopeful again.
Optimism and Greek debt are rarely heard in a sentence together, but let's put them together for now, because there is some hope, at least for the moment, that the latest deadline in Europe will be crossed. Leaders in Greece are working on a plan needed to receive another international bailout, and market players think a deal is close. The country faces bankruptcy next month unless it secures this next round of emergency funding. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.