Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Nebraska Approves Keystone XL Pipeline's Tweaked Route
Originally published on Wed January 23, 2013 7:13 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with pipeline plans.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: Nebraska's governor has approved a new plan for where the controversial Keystone XL pipeline will pass through his state. In 2011, the governor opposed the pipeline for its potential environmental impact. Yesterday, he wrote a letter to President Obama saying the new route avoids the more environmentally fragile parts of Nebraska.
It now falls to the Obama administration to approve the project. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.