Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Bill to merge LSU Shreveport with Louisiana Tech advances
A bid to make LSU Shreveport a branch campus of Louisiana Tech University was backed by the House Education Committee. But acting LSU System president William Jenkins advised the committee to proceed "very cautiously" because mergers overwhelmingly result in failure. Supporters say the merger is essential to the region.