Most Active Stories
- YMCA in Shreveport breaks ground on three-phase fitness campus
- Capitol Steps: Politics Takes a Holiday 4th of July Special
- Just A Few Important Words About The Declaration Of Independence
- Great American Songbook Academy draws in teen vocalists from Shreveport, Haughton
- Driving is no time to multitask, Shreveport lawyers teach high school students
Affordable Care Act
Affordable Care Act Coverage & Calculator
The federal health law's individual marketplaces are scheduled to start enrollment on October 1. Nearly all Americans will be required to have health insurance starting January 1, 2014, or else they will be liable for a tax penalty. There is considerable confusion about the law. People aren't sure if they qualify and they have no clear idea of how much insurance might cost.
This localized calculator produced in collaboration with the Kaiser Family Foundation allows users to plug in some of their financial and demographic info and find out if they qualify for an insurance exchange subsidy or Medicaid -- and how much they might have to pay.
Click on this post for the calculator.