Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
10:01 Spotlight - The Schmidbauer Piano Competition
Airs Thursday, January 19 at 10:01 a.m. The George and Peggy Schmidbauer International Competition celebrates its fifth year this Saturday and Sunday, January 21-22, 2012 on the campus of Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas. The competition holds the highest standards in artistry and performance, attracting musicians from all around the world to East Texas. As an annual event, the competition alternates between piano and strings, bringing rising artists from both disciplines to compete and perform for lucrative prizes and future engagements.
The Schmidbauer Competition continues to serve as one of the highest benchmarks in the competition circuit and is a catalyst for launching successful careers. Past winners have continued their careers to perform with professional artists and orchestras all over the world. Supporting the future of young musicians while offering concerts at the highest level to the East Texas community continues to be the mission of the Schmidbauer International Competition.