Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- U.S. Mint to debut Kisatchie National Forest commemorative quarter in Alexandria
10:01 Spotlight - The Schmidbauer Piano Competition
Airs Thursday, January 19 at 10:01 a.m. The George and Peggy Schmidbauer International Competition celebrates its fifth year this Saturday and Sunday, January 21-22, 2012 on the campus of Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas. The competition holds the highest standards in artistry and performance, attracting musicians from all around the world to East Texas. As an annual event, the competition alternates between piano and strings, bringing rising artists from both disciplines to compete and perform for lucrative prizes and future engagements.
The Schmidbauer Competition continues to serve as one of the highest benchmarks in the competition circuit and is a catalyst for launching successful careers. Past winners have continued their careers to perform with professional artists and orchestras all over the world. Supporting the future of young musicians while offering concerts at the highest level to the East Texas community continues to be the mission of the Schmidbauer International Competition.