Most Active Stories
- Video Game Jam in Shreveport/Bossier seeks gamers for marathon coding fun
- Fifth Annual Young Artists Competition Winners Announced
- Carnegie Hall Live: Gustavo Dudamel Leads The Simon Bolivar Symphony
- Caravan: Smithfield Fair Live in the RRR Studios
- American Radioworks: Greater Expectations - The Challenge of the Common Core
Gary Joiner, Ph.D.
Gary Joiner is a cartographer and an associate professor of history at LSU in Shreveport. He is the author or editor of 12 books including “Shiloh and the Western Campaign of 1862,” “One Damn Blunder From Beginning to End: The Red River Campaign in 1864,” “Through the Howling Wilderness: The Red River Campaign and Union Failure in 1864,” “Red River Steamboats,” and “Mr. Lincoln's Brown Water Navy: Mississippi Squadron.”
Joiner was appointed chairman of Louisiana's Civil War Sesquicentennial Task Force and also serves on the Battle of New Orleans Bicentennial Commission.
Joiner’s commentaries air Tuesdays at 7:35 a.m. He explores a wide range of historical topics, and is currently working on a book compilation of his Red River Radio commentaries.